I don’t believe in violent resistance because I don’t think much progress can come out of it. It is better to fight with the pen in the courts. Ghandis way is the most efficent and the most humane.
However, I recognize that violent resistance has a historic and legal grounds.
The Palestinians have the right to perform acts of violent resistance, though they don’t have the right to attack civilian population in the state of Israel within its of res. 181 borders.
Israeli settlers outside the 1947-borders, carrying weapons for “selfdefence” must legally be considered enemy combattants not wearing uniforms.
What should be said about rockets fired against civilian areas in Israel within its 1947 borders? Illegal!
Unguided missles in areas where non-combattants and combattants live in Occupied territories.
These missile-firings should be considered as act of legal form of violent resistance, since there is no legal recognition of the Israels occupation.
Israel claims that they have legal papapers on Palestine through the so called “British Mandate”.
They have never tried the legality of their claims in court.
They don’t dare.
“The entire enterprise of a Jewish state in Palestine is built upon an express rejection of international law.”
For who does not understand the need or concept of the lawful right as stipulated in International Law of resistance regarding occupied Palestine, recommended reads:
- Palestinian Resistance: The Political, Social and Human Right of Self-Defense – Brayer
- Palestinians’ Right to Resist ~ by Stephen Lendman
- International Law and the al-Aqsa Intifada – Prof. Em. Richard Falk
- Self-determination and the “right” to resist occupation – Legal Frontiers
- Resistance to Israeli occupation – a right? – Information Clearing House
- Right of Civil Resistance under International Law &the Domestic Necessity Defense~ Lippman, Matthew – HEIN Online
- No. Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defense In International Law Against Occupied Palestinian Territory – Source
- The PalestinianRight of Self Defense
- Special Topic – All Israeli Massacres on Palestinians
- iRemember… – Confirmed Names…
View original post 162 more words